DEBATERS TO MEET YALE AND PRINCETON IN MARCH

SPRING TRIP TO TAKE TEAM AS FAR WEST AS IOWA

Recently formed plans of the Harvard Debating Council include a triple debate with Princeton and Yale, it was indicated yesterday by P.C. Reardon '31, president of the council. The definite date of the meeting has not yet been announced, but that it will occur during the days of Wednesday, March 18, Thursday, March 19, or Friday, March 20, has already been determined.

The immediate schedule of the council lists debates with the Universitad de Puerto Rico, on Thursday, February 19, at Phillips Andover, Boston College on Monday, March 2, in Jordan Hall, and with the University of Oklahoma, on Wednesday, March 18, In Paine Hall. Although details of the annual Spring Trip have not as yet been arranged, the general itinerary will include Washington, Pittsburgh, Ohio University, and Burnell, Iowa the western limit of the tour. Four men, consisting of a three-man team and an alternate, are to make the trip, which will take place during the spring vacation.

The debate with Porto Rico, which will take place under the auspices of the Philo Club of Andover, will treat the question of, "Resolved, That this house condemns the growing domination of the United States in the affairs of this hemisphere." It follows a precedent which has grown up in recent years, and which has been encouraged lately by Theodore Roosevelt '08, governor of Porto Rico. This year the Porto Rican debating team will make an extended trip throughout the United States, using the occasion for the purpose of strengthening the common interests between the students of the states, and those of the dependencies.