FENCERS COMPETE IN NEW ENGLAND TITLE MATCHES

SILVER CUPS WILL BE AWARDED TO WINNERS

One of the most successful fencing teams which Harvard has produced in recent years will compete tonight for the foils championship in the New England Junior Team tournament, to be held in the Boston Athletic Association gymnasium, on Exeter Street, Boston, at 8 o'clock. Tomorrow night the epee and saber squads will contend in the same event. Silver cups are to be awarded to the winners of the three contests.

The team began its winter season last week by winning the foils, epee, and saber events of the annual Amateur Fencers League of America prize tournament. In the first of these events B. B. Wesselman '31, H.C. Cassidy '31, and J.D. Allen, Jr., '31, bore off the first, second, and third prizes, respectively, and tied for first place in number of the victories won. In the epee, K. R. Ludlam '33 was the winner while R. B. Lawson '32 was awarded the first prize in the saber, third place falling to H. B. Walker '33. The Harvard entrants scored their wins over the heads of prominent Boston swordsmen, among whom was listed Altemberg, captain of last year's successful Bowdoin team.

The Harvard fencers, as they will engage tonight, will be as follows: first foils team--H. B. Wesselman '31, Captain H. C. Cassidy '31, and J. D. Allen, Jr., '31, second team--Charles Brenner '32, Gilbert Kerlin '33, and G. M. Yatsevitch '33. The epee and foils teams will be as follows: first epee team--F.C. Fiechter, Jr., '32, K. R. Ludlam '33, and H. B. Wesselman '31: second foils team--T. I. Moran '32, J. J. Mackin '33, and G. M. Yatsevitch '33. Saber team--R. B. Lawson '33, K. R. Ludlam '33, and H. B. Walker '33.