DEWEY TO TALK ON "ART, AESTHETIC EXPERIENCE"

INGLIS LECTURER PRESENTS A SERIES OF TEN ADDRESSES

John Dewey, professor of Philosophy at Columbia and incumbent of the new William James Lectureship for the second half of the present academic year, will give the first of a series of ten public lectures on "Art and the Aesthetic Experience", at 4 o'clock this afternoon in Emerson D.

Professor Dewey, one of the outstanding contemporary thinkers of the world, is a resident here for this semester and has been selected to give the Inglis lecture for 1931, at 8 o'clock on Wednesday March 11 in Emerson D. He has announced that the subject for the lecture will be "Educational Confusion and Conflict". The Inglis Lectureship, which was founded in honor of the late Professor Alexander Inglis by the Graduate School of Education, is filled annually by prominent educators and treats of secondary education in general.

Holding degrees from the University of Vermont, Johns Hopkins University, University of Wisconsin, and the Peking National University, Professor Dewey is a leader of contemporary philosophy. He has made recognized contributions to the field of philosophic thought in his books. While he is a resident at Harvard he will give seminary instruction to graduate students in philosophy.