FOGG MUSEUM WILL OPEN AN EXHIBITION OF GOYA TODAY

Prints and Drawings by Spanish Artist to be Displayed Until April 1

An exhibition of the prints and drawings of the Spanish artist Goya will start today and run until Wednesday, April 1, in the Fogg Art Museum. Many fine impressions of Goya's most important prints, along with some rare proofs have been lent by Philip Bofer '21 of New York and W. G. R. Allen '03 of Boston.

Most of Goya's subjects will be on exhibition, including all of his most important prints. Among these are the great series, "The Caprices," "Disasters of War," "Proverbs," "Bull-fights," and "Bulls of Bordeaux." Especially interesting are the "Disasters of War" series, which was inspired by the horrors accompanying the Napoleonic Wars in Spain during Goya's lifetime, and the "Bulls of Bordeaux" prints, which were done when the artist was nearly eighty.

Due to the character of Goya's work, and the rarity of some of the prints, this exhibition is expected to be of great value to the art students from Harvard and Radcliffe.