RARE BOOKS SHOWING AT DUNSTER BOOKSHOP

Unusual Collection of Manuscripts and First Editions on View -- Church Chorus of 16th Century Shown

An exhibition of the works of classic and modern authors, manuscripts, and medieval illuminated music of extreme value is being held for a short while at the Dunster House Book Shop, at Boylston and South Streets prior to the removal of the collection to the house of a client on the North Shore. The shop has nearly finished the task of bringing together the required volumes, mostly complete sets of famous authors in beautiful hand-made bindings and with hand painted decorations. Several Harvard undergraduates have helped in the book-seeking and cataloguing.

Cream of the collection is a beautifully preserved 16th Dutch Antiphon, or church chorus, with fine illumination and interesting musical notation. Other items are a complete set of the first edition of Walter Scott's writings, probably the only one existing; one of the three inscribed books by Thomas Hardy; Edmund Gosse's autographed set of Keats; first edition; a unique and beautifully bound set of Mark Twain with some of the original manuscript inserted; a set of Shaw's works, all autographed, and unequalled for its completeness.