NEW PLANE FOR FLYING CLUB ARRIVES AFTER STORMY TRIP

Eastland and Gilmore Pilot Travelair Trainer From Wichita, Kansas

After a stormy trip from Wichita, Kansas, the new airplane bought recently by the Flying Club arrived on Saturday, at the flying field of the Eastcoast Aircraft Company. The plane is a Travelair trainer, and is powered by a 90 horsepower Curtis Wright Gypsy motor.

The men who flew the machine here from Kansas are T. B. Eastland '33, and Robert Gilmore '31, who made the trip out there as guests of the Transcontinental and Western Air Company. On the return trip, which took six days, they were marooned two days at Cleveland, and one day at Indianapolis. The route taken after arriving at Cleveland, was the same as that used by the Chicago-New York airmail lines.

The new plane is intended for training purposes, and will be used for members who have not yet passed their license tests. Courses will be given by Qualified transport pilots. The Club also owns another plane, a Curtis Robin, which was bought only last October, and which is used for pleasure flights.