NOBLE AND GREENOUGH WIN SCHOOL TRACK MEET

Beats Roxbury Latin by Comfortable Margin--Latter Noses Out Milton by a Quarter-point

In the annual private school track meet on the Harvard outdoor board track on Saturday the Noble and Greenough team came through with a lead of nine points over its nearest rival, Roxbury Latin. The winning outfit garnered 30 3-4 points, with Roxbury Latin scoring 21 3-4 for second place, while Milton Academy was a bare 1-4 point behind for third place.

Two new records were made: Robert Playfair of Roxbury Latin broke through the tape in the 600-yard run in 1 min. 18 1-5 sec. after leading the whole field from the start. Nathaniel Goodhue of Milton made the other record when he romped around the 1000-yard run in 2 min. 26 sec.

William Rothwell 11 of Noble and Greenough was the outstanding individual performer of the day. He won the dash, took one second in the hurdles, another in the "300", and netted fourth place in the shotput for a total of 14 points. In the 40-yard dash Noble and Greenough also took second place, while in the "300" three of its men tied for the second position.