1934 GETS SECOND CHANCE TO TRY OUT FOR CRIMSON STAFF

Gathering in Crimson Building Will Open Trials for News, Business, and Photographic Boards

Members of the Class of 1934 will have their second opportunity to try out for the CRIMSON by attending a meeting in the President's Office of the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton Street, at 7.15 o'clock tonight. Freshmen may compete for the News, Business, and Photographic Boards of the paper; the competitions will last for approximately eight weeks, concluding about a week before final examinations.

At tonight's meeting, which in no way obligates candidates, E. L. Belisle '31, president of the CRIMSON, will give a short explanatory talk to the assembled group. Then those trying for the three different Boards will be shown the workings of the paper by their respective Departmental heads. During the first week of the competition, work will be light, that the candidates may become accustomed to the routine duties for which they will be held responsible.

Business Competition

The competition in the Business Department of the paper involves interesting work for the prospective candidate. His main duties consist of getting advertisements from local, Boston, and New York concerns; in connection with this, he not only makes valuable contacts, but also gains experience almost essential for any man intending to go into business.

Candidates for the News Board of the CRIMSON, however, make many more contacts, of a different sort, and get such an intimate knowledge of the University as is equaled by few. A life divided between interviewing professors and prominent visitors, scribbling down notes, covering sporting events, and wildly rushing through the streets of Cambridge to save a scoop from other competitors--such is the work of the eight weeks, which, if nothing else, is guaranteed to give a person something to tell his grandchildren about.