FENCING PRELIMINARIES ARE TO FINISH THIS AFTERNOON

Members of University Team Victorious in Most Matches

With the most of the victories going to swordsmen from the University teams, the preliminaries of the annual University fencing championship were brought to a close yesterday afternoon in the Fencing Room of the New Indoor Athletic Building. Those surviving will compete in the finals to be held tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock in the same room.

The preliminary victors in the foils competition, which was finished yesterday, were H.B. Wesselman '31. Gilbert Kerlin '33. H.C. Cassidy '31, and J.D. Allen '31. All of these fencers are members of the University team. The complete sabre elimination was held yesterday with the selection of W.M. Wing '31, R.B. Lawson '32, K.R. Ludiam '33, and R.A. Ackurman '34. The only upset in these bouts was the survival of Ackerman, a Freshman, who has not been fencing with the first year team this season. J.H. Beard '34 and Ludiam were selected Tuesday afternoon to compete in the finals of the epee. A Change in plans has necessitated further eliminations in the epee, which will be held this afternoon to select two more finalists for the bouts tomorrow.