BARTHOLDY TO SPEAK ON FRANCO-GERMAN FEELING

Hamburg Professor Has Helped Dawes and Young--Received LL.D. From Harvard in 1927

"Relations between France and Germany" will be the subject of a lecture to be given by Dr. Mendelssohn Bartholdy at 8 o'clock on Wednesday evening, April 1, in Emerson D. Frank William Taussig '79, Henry Lee Professor of Economics, will introduce the speaker. The lecture is open to the public.

Dr. Bartholdy, grandson of the great composer, Felix Mendelssohn, is the highly distinguished representative of the present generation of a famous family. He is professor of Civil and International Law at the University of Hamburg and an important participant in the work of the Dawes and Young Committees under the Reparation Commission. He is founder and director of the Institut fur Auswartige Politik at Hamburg. From 1925 to 1928, he served on the Arbitral Tribunal at the Hague.

Harvard awarded him an honorary LL.D. degree at the Commencement in 1927. In conferring the degree, President Lowell said concerning him. "A jurist consult eminent by his writings, powerful by the weight of his opinions on public and international affairs." He is editor of the "Europaische Gesprache", and of a series of war documents, "Dio Auswartize Politik des Deutschen Reiches, 1875-1914."