HARVARD DEBATERS FACE BOSTON COLLEGE TONIGHT

P. H. COHEN '32 LEADS CRIMSON ARGUMENT

Debaters of Harvard and Boston College will meet tonight at 8 o'clock in Jordan Hall in their fourth annual forensic contest. Governor Joseph B. Ely, who will preside, will make a preliminary speech and will introduce the judges and speakers of the debate.

The subjects, "Resolved, That the United States should adhere to the World Court under the terms of the Root protocol", is a topic which is arousing considerable interest throughout the country at the present time. As a resolution to this effect has already been submitted to President Hoover by the United States Senate, where it will be actively discussed before long the arguments used in the debate will serve as an indication of the lines along which the discussion will probably be conducted in the Senate.

Harvard will take the affirmative side of the debate, which will be opened by P. H. Cohen '32, who also appear in rebuttal for the team. He will be followed by D. M. Sullivan '33 and P. C. Reardon '32 of Harvard. The B. C, debaters will be J. F. Rogers, J. J. Wright and E. F. Connelly.

The debate, which has been prepared by coach J. M. Swigert '30, Assistant Consultant on Careers, will be held in expectation of a large attendance, in Jordan Hall.

The judges who have been selected are Elisha H. Brewster, justice of the U. S. district court, and Andrew J. Peters '95, ex-mayor of Boston. The third judge will probably be James J. Phelan '24.