SWORDSMEN DOWN PENN, WINNING FOILS EASILY

GREEN EXCELS FOR VISITORS IN EPEE BOUTS

Overwhelming superiority in foils gave Harvard an 11 to 6 victory over the University of Pennsylvania fencing team in the match held in the New Indoor Athletic Building yesterday afternoon at 4 o'clock. In the epee bouts Pennsylvania won 3 to 1, while the sabre score was tied 2 to 2.

H. B. Wesselman '31 and H. C. Cassidy '31 starred for Harvard. They both won all three of their bouts with ease, neither allowing over three points to any of their adversaries. The outstanding performance for Pennsylvania was turned in by Arnold Green, who won both of his epee bouts.

The University foils men won eight out of nine of their duels. The superiority of the Harvard fencers in this division was so marked that it was almost a surprise that they dropped the one duel.

The summary:

Foils: H. B. Wesselman '31 defeated Soloman (P), 5-3 Heldt (P), 5-3, Lawson (P), 5-2. H. C. Cassidy '31 defeated Lawson (P), 5-1, Soloman (P), 5-3 and Heldt (P), 5-3. J. D. Allen '31 defeated Lawson (P), 5-3, and Soloman (P), 5-2. Heldt (P) defeated J. D. Allen '31, 5-3.

Epee: F. C. Fiechter '32 defeated Geshwind (P). Green (P) defeated F. C. Fiechter '32 and G. M. Yatsevitch '33. Geshwind (P) defeated K. R. Ludlam '33.

Saber: R. B. Lawson '32 defeated Galloway (P), 5-1. W. M. Wing '31 defeated Soloman (P), 5-2. Galloway (P) defeated W. M. Wing '31, 5-2. Soloman (P) defeated R. B. Lawson '32, 5-2.