JAYVEE CREW TO BE CHOSEN ON BASIS OF TODAY'S RACE

Brown's Eights Race to Decide Which Boat Will Meet Yale Championship Crew

Three class crews will engage today at 5 o'clock in a race to decide which boat is to meet the Yale championship crew on the Charles on May 23. The problem of determining the University Jayvee eight was complicated yesterday afternoon when Lawrence's boat edged that stroked by Armstrong in a long workout on the upper Charles, after it had been led by the latter craft in the three trials of last week.

Senior Class Crew Races

A race over the mile and three-quarter distance this afternoon is to decide which of the two boats which have been contending for second place in the University navy will encounter the junior eights of Pennsylvania and the Navy at the end of the week. Paced by Armstrong, the eight which had lagged during the early part of the season showed unexpected strength during the past week, scoring a series of victories over what had previously been regarded as the Jayvee boat.

For the first time in several years the Senior class will be represented on the river in the triple regatta today. The class crew squad has been further amplified by two Junior boats, instead of the single eight which has previously existed.