WILL GIVE FIRST CONCERT IN YARD

Annual Affair to be Held at Commander Hotel--"Harvard Night" at the Pops Marks Close of Season

This evening at 7 o'clock the University Glee Club will give the first Yard concert of this spring on the steps of Widener Library. A week ago a concert was scheduled to open a series of three of these traditional programs, but this concert had to be cancelled on account of poor weather. The annual dinner of the University singers will take place tomorrow evening at 6.30 o'clock at the Commander Hotel, at which time there will be brief speeches by the various officers of the Club, followed by a brief entertainment.

"Harvard Night" at the Pops

Tonight's Yard concert, with another scheduled for a week from tonight, and "Harvard Night" at the Pops, which is to be on next Monday evening, mark the close of the season for this year. During the past eight months the Glee Club has appeared in numerous concerts by itself, and in conjunction with the Boston and the Philadelphia Symphony orchestras.

In Bach Festival

During the latter part of this year the Club has given concerts at Hingham and at Milton Academy, at Smith College and at Pembroke College, at the Gardner Museum in Boston and at the Boston Harvard Club. In March the Club participated in the Bach Festival week, singing the Bach Mass in B minor, and the Magnificat. In April on the Spring trip the Club gave concerts in New York and at Princeton, as well as singing in two performances of Stavinski's "Oedipus Rex", given in the Metropolitan Opera House with the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra.

Tonight's program is as follows: Harvard Hymn  Paine Turn Ye To Me  Scotch Folk Song My Spirit Be Joyful  Bach Ave Verum  Byrd Salamaleikum  Cornelius Chorus from the Sons of Shem  Rubinstein Inimici Autem  Lassus Coronation Scene from "Boris"  Moussorgsky