CRIMSON NINE TO PLAY TWO GAMES OVER WEEK-END

Will Face Japanese Team in Postponed Game if Grounds are Dry--Taylor Likely to Hurl Against Tufts

The weather permitting, Harvard will finally play its baseball game with Hosel University of Japan today on Soldiers Field starting at 3. o'clock. This will be only part of the week end activity of the nine, however, since the Crimson forces will travel to Medford to play Tufts University in the Tufts Oval tomorrow.

The international tilt with the Japanese was originally scheduled for Wednesday but was postponed both then and yesterday because of the rainy spell which has descended upon this section of the country. MacHale will in all probability do the pitching today with Sheldon behind the bat. The Crimson mound star will then rest until the Yale series, which begins in New Haven next Tuesday. Whether or not he will pitch the first or second game of the series has not been decided as yet.

Harvard should win the game from the Nipponese handily today since the foreigners have not experienced a great amount of success on their American tour. The game today will be the next to last on their schedule, the final one being with Holy Cross tomorrow. Harvard vanquished Japanese teams that came to this country in 1927 and 1928.

It is not unlikely that Coach Mitchell will send Taylor, a young recruit pitcher who started and won his first major game against Rhode Island State last week, to the mound against Tufts. If he does well against the Jumbos he may get a chance in the Yale series since neither Ticknor or Page has shown any great success of late. Andruszkiewicz, who did not lose a game until last week, will do the pitching for Tufts tomorrow. The Medford nine has a crack team this season and will give the Crimson a good stiff test prior to the climatic series with the Elis.