SEND ARCHITECTURE EXHIBIT TO MUSEUM

Enlarged Photographs are Included in Exhibition--Material Arranged by Harvard Graduate.

The Fogg Art Museum will at some time in the future receive for exhibition a collection of architectural models illustrating developments in modern building styles, arranged by Phillip Johnson '30, it was learned yesterday. Mr. Johnson, who for over a year has been engaged in preparing for this exhibit, will open it at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City on Wednesday, February 10. It forms a part of a comprehensive architectural exposition by the Museum.

The models in the exhibit of modern architecture will be prepared by well-known American architects, among whom will be Raymond Hood, Frank Lloyd Wright and Howe & Lescaze. European architects also are preparing models for display, including Le Corbusier of Paris, J. J. Oud of Poland, and Otto Haesler, Walter Groplus and Mies van der Rohe of Germany.

Go on Tour

At the close of the show on March 23, the exhibition will make a three-year tour of the United States. The itinerary includes cities and university art museums.

In addition to the models, enlarged photographs, about three by six feet, will show complete work of prominent architects throughout the world. One room will be devoted to photographs illustrating the international scope of modern architecture. Among the countries represented, in addition to those already mentioned are Switzerland, Russia, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Sweden, Finland, Japan, England Norway, Spain, Italy and Belgium.

An educational feature of the exhibition will be a catalogue giving the first comprehensive survey of the works of modern architects together with historical and critical comment. Among the contributors are Professor Henry Russell Hitchcock of Wesleyan University; Mr. Johnson, Alfred H. Barr, Jr. director of the Museum of Modern Art, and Lewis Mumford. Mr. Mumford is writing a survey of housing problems and their solution from an international standpoint.

On the exhibition itinerary are the following: Pennsylvania Art Museum, Philadelphia; Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Conn.; gallery of Bullock's Wilshire, Los Angeles; Buffalo Fine Arts Academy; Cleveland Museum of Art; Toledo Museum of Art; Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Mass.; Art Museum, Worcester, Mass., and Art Institute of Omaba.