"What This Country Needs is a Good, Hearty Laugh," States Henry Hull, Star Player of Farce, "Springtime for Henry"

"What this country, needs, along with a good five cent dollar, is a real hearty laugh," declared Henry Hull, who plays the role of Henry Dewlip in "Spring-time for Henry," in a CRIMSON interview between the acts at the Wilbur Theatre last night. "I enjoy my part in this play immensely because the production is a kind of tonic that America needs. Our country has fallen into a state of morbid hysteria over the depression that we must overcome. The fun never flags in this skit, and the larger the number of Americans who can learn to laugh whole-heartedly again, the greater will be the chances of emerging from the present depression.

"Just a few days ago the company was playing in New Haven, where Dr. Baker recommended "Springtime for Henry" to his students as a perfect example of farce construction. However, Yale did not show us the courtesy of having a special night for college men that Harvard is doing. It is gratifying when courtesy such as displayed by Harvard men is given our production.

"Politics interest me greatly, continued Hull, as he robed himself in a big checked, black and white suit. "Guess I am a combination of efficiency worshipper and here-worshipper. For this reason, Herbert Hoover is a kind of passion with me. Roosevelt spells chaos for America. However, oven the candidates can stand a sincere, hearty laugh.

"But forgetting polities, my part of Henry Dowlip is especially interesting in that it carries me into a part in which I have only to act natural. After all, the best acting is accomplished when it is done naturally."