PROSPECTS FOR CROSS COUNTRY TEAM IMPROVE

Large Turnout Gives Mikkola Plenty of Material--Whole Squad Will Run Against Holy Cross This Friday

Prospects for the coming cross country season are improving, according to Coach Jaakko Mikkola. With only one latter man back, Captain Arthur Foote '33, the situation looked unpromising several days ago, but a large squad has turned out, and the new material is displaying potential power. So far the harriers have done only limbering up exercises and short runs; full course running will not start until after the Holy Cross meet on Friday, October 7. New men, if they turn out today, can still join the squad, and Coach Mikkola recommends cross country as a foundation for the track season.

On Friday, October 21 the Varsity and Freshman teams will meet Dartmouth and New Hampshire in a full course run. On the same day the second team will run unofficially in the Harvard Inter-Collegiates. The high point of the season comes on Friday, October 28, when the Freshman and Varsity first team will race Princeton and Yale in a triangular meet at Princeton. On Monday, November 14, the L.C. 4A. meet at Van Courtland Park, New York City, in which most big colleges of the country compete, climaxes the cross country season.