HARVARD ALUMNI JOIN TO DEDICATE MEMORIAL CHURCH

Contains the Names of Men Who Died In Service of America or Allies--To Add German Names Later

Harvard will dedicate its World War Memorial Church tomorrow in the presence of 500 of the leading Alumni who have donated the Church to the University. Many are traveling across the continent to attend the ceremony.

The memorial room under the tower will be opened for the first time. In this room are inscribed the names of all Harvard men who died in the War, in the service of this country or of its allies. The Bacon statuary, of a young soldier dying in his Mothers' arms, is under the dome of the narthex. Under the insignia of the United States that caps the dome, is the seal of Harvard University set in the marble floor. The names of the soldiers appear by departments and classes in bronze gilt letters placed on tablets of travertine.

Former Bishop William Lawrence '71 of Massachusetts will lead the program to be held at 11 o'clock in the morning. The order of exercise will be that regularly followed at the Sunday services. The opening sentence will be read and the invocation offered by the Reverend Professor E. C. Moore. The Responsive Reading will be led by The Reverend C. E. Park, Minister of the First Church in Boston. President Lowell will read the lesson from the Old Testament, and the New Testament lesson will be read by J. L. Coolidge '95, professor of Mathematics. A pronouncement of dedication will be made by W. L. Sperry, Dean of the Theological School. The dedicatory prayer will be offered by The Reverend Professor F. G. Peabody '69. The sermon will be preached by The Right Reverend William Lawrence, and closing prayers will be given by The Right Reverend H. K. Sherrill.

During the service, the choir, under the direction of Dr. A. T. Dayison, will sing three anthems: "Let Us Now Praise Famous Men," R. Vaughan Williams; "Give Rest, O Christ," Kieff Melody; and "Salvation Belongeth To Our God," Tschesnokoff. Dr. Davison will be at the organ, given by Ralph Isham '89, in memory of his son, A. K. Isham '15.

It is understood that the names of the four Harvard men who died as members of the German Army will be placed on a separate plaque in the memorial room soon after the dedication