NEW PLAN TO MAKE P.B.H. CENTER FOR COMMUTER SPORTS

Medals For Winning Teams Will Bear Name of Brooks House--Proposal To Be Acted On This Week

A proposal is under consideration by the Inter-House Athletic Committee for placing the non-residents of any one of the seven Houses in some definite headquarters for athletic activity, it was announced by A.W. Samborski '25, head of the Inter-House Athletic Committee.

The proposal that is favored by many, calls for a headquarters for commuters and others not living in the Houses to be located in Phillips Brooks House. In this status Brooks House will be the medium through which these men will be able to have full standing in the Inter-House League. They will be entitled to awards, and any cups won by this new group will be kept in Brooks House. Under this proposed program, all upperclassmen in this category will organize their teams under the leadership of and have full league participation under the name of Phillips Brooks House.

It is understood that prominent officials in the Harvard Athletic Association, and officers at University Hall are in favor of the new plan. At present, the proposal is undergoing the scrutiny of the House Athletic Committees and it is expected that the opinion arrived at will be revealed within a week's time.

The plan does not imply that Phillips Brooks House will make any special gains under the proposed system, but will merely be a factor in aiding the position of those men not living in the Houses.

It was revealed at Phillips Brooks House that the new system under consideration has come about as a result of the survey on commuting students made last spring. The survey pointed out that 36 per cent of the upperclassmen in that status take part in some athletic activity.