P.B.H. BEGINS ANNUAL COLLECTION NEXT WEEK

ERWIN CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEE IN CHARGE OF DRIVE

Next Monday marks the beginning of the annual clothing drive of Phillips Brooks House. Due to the severe need of thousands of families in Cambridge and Boston, the cabinet of Brooks House has arranged for a thorough canvassing of every lodging in the University with the hope of procuring from every student at least one article of clothing which can be contributed to the several welfare agencies in the two cities. R. S. Erwin '33, has been appointed chairman of the clothing collection committee, which includes a representative in each of the seven Houses and the entire Freshman dormitory committee.

Distribute Clothing to Charities

J. R. Collins 2G.B. will have charge of the collection in the Business School and S. A. Wheeler 2M, will supervise the collection in the Medical School. The clothes collected will be taken to Phillips Brooks House where the best are to be retained for the benefit of the students in the University. The remainder will be distributed to the Cambridge Chapter of the Red Cross and to the Morgan Memorial in Boston where much of the clothing is repaired and later made available to the needy people in the cities of Greater Boston. Other articles will be given to the Industrial Society of Boston which is one of the few organizations interested solely in assisting single men, and to other agencies which from time to time present particular needs.

The collection of clothing will last all next week, closing on Friday. Suits, overcoats, shoes, shirts, ties, socks, underwear and hats are all acceptable. In addition to clothes, textbooks, fiction and magazines are needed. The text-books are placed in the Phillips Brooks House loan library.