BAXTER GIVES UNION TALK TONIGHT ON "SOME OBSTACLES TO PEACE"

H.A.A. SHOWS PICTURE OF H-Y 1931 FOOTBALL GAME

Professor J. P. Baxter '26, associate professor of History and Master of Adams House, will deliver the third faculty address to the first year class tonight at 7.30 o'clock in the Upstairs Common Room of the Harvard Union, Professor Baxter's subject will be "Some Obstacles to Peace," and he will illustrate his subject from the recent diplomatic history of the U. S. including the present crisis in the Far East. The question will be raised why the U. S. needs to maintain a large fleet although it has pledged itself not to seek the solution of its international controversies by other than pacific means.

At 7.10 o'clock in the Large Common Room downstairs, preceding Professor Baxter's talk, the Harvard Athletic Association will show a two reel motion picture of the 1931 Harvard-Yale football game. The movies will be over in time for men to go to the lecture.

Professor Baxter and Delmar Leighton '18, dean of the Freshman Class, will be the guests of the Freshman class at dinner before the evening's entertainment. The 1935 Union Orchestra will play during the meal from the high balcony in the main dining room, inaugurating a series of Wednesday night dinner concerts.