MAY JAIL STUDENT GROUP FOR STRIKE AGITATION

Harvard Man Threatened With Others On College Investigation Trip-Wish To Speak To Miners and Operators

The following dispatch was received by the Crimson from H. E. Robbins '35, who is a member of a student delegation visiting the Kentucky mining fields in Bell County. The Crimson does not necessarily endorse the opinions expressed herein but feels they are of interest, especially in view of all censorship of news from this area.

Knoxville, Tenn., March 25-The first contingent of the Students College Committee will attempt to cross into Kentucky this morning. The delegation arrived in Knoxville last night, after two days of continuous travel, and was joined early this morning by students from Southern colleges.

A series of warnings that we will be thrown in jail or "taken for a ride" have been issued during the trip by County Attorney Smith. The students refused to be intimidated and went ahead with plans for investigating the situation. We wish to speak with both operators and miners and to distribute food gathered by the national Students League to the starving families of the strikers. This is evidently regarded as a clear sign of Communistic tendencies for which Smith stated we would be immediately thrown in jail "along with the rest of the exhibits". The morale of the party is splendid.

If don't hear from me by Saturday, assume arrest by Pineville authorities.