MOCK CONVENTION OPENS TONIGHT IN NEW LECTURE HALL

Any Members of University May Attend Democratic Club Meeting--Students In Audience May Act as Delegates

Opening this evening with the registration of delegates at 7.30 o'clock, the mock convention of the Harvard Democratic Club will meet in the New Lecture Hall to hear the keynote address by Jouett Shouse, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, to adopt a platform, and to nominate candidates for president and vice-president.

All members of the University, whether Republican or Democrats, are invited by the Democratic Club to attend either as spectators or delegates. If they register as delegates, however, they will be expected to act as Democrats for the purposes of the Convention.

Tentative Platform Chosen

The Platform Committee, which is working on a platform to be presented to the Convention for amendment or ratification, has arrived, after several meetings, at a tentative draft. The platform is very brief, and will include a number of positive reforms not ordinarily characteristic of political platforms. Definite proposals on prohibition, war debts, and public utilities will be made. The Committee, headed by D. E. Scoll '28, includes W. P. Maddox, tutor in Government, Donald Hiss 3L, G. D. Reilly 2L, and J. T. Higgins '34.

Delegates are asked to appear promptly at 7.30 o'clock at the downstairs entrance of New Lecture Hall on Oxford Street. They will be registered in the corridor downstairs and will then pass through to the opposite end of the corridor, going upstairs to the far entrance of the large lecture room. The delegates will be seated on the main floor, arranged by states, with placards to indicate the name of each state.

Order of Business

The business of the convention will be transacted as follows: After the election of delegation chairmen, Mr. Shouse will deliver his keynote speech. Debate on the platform will follow. After the adoption of the platform, the Clerk will call the role of States, and each state will respond either by making a nominating speech, by yielding to another state, or by declining to nominate a candidate. After the complete roll has been called, the balloting will begin, and the remainder of the session will be devoted to the nomination of candidates.