UNIVERSITY PRESS PUTS OUT THREE NEW BOOKS

Burkhard's Book on Meyer is of Interest To Students of Literature--Steefel Writes on Schleswig-Holstein

The publication of three new books, two by men now connected with Harvard, was announced yesterday by the University Press. For every student of German literature, the new book by Arthur Burkhard assistant professor of German entitled: "Conrad Ferdinand Meyer" is particularly important.

Bismarck's important decisions in the crises brought on by the disputes over the Schleswig-Holstein provinces in 1863 and 1864, furnishes the material for "The Schleswig-Holstein Question" by L. D. Steefel '16, Professor at the University of Minneapolis. The book is the study of the machinations of Bismarck and takes one side of a controversial subject. It is said that Bismarck was not included in Lord Palmerston's list of those who really understood the complexities of the Schleswig-Holstein question, but Professor Steefel believes that he deserved to head it.

The third book is a guide for the upbringing of children entitled "The Youngest of the Family" by Dr. Joseph Garland '16, instructor in pediatrics in the Harvard Medical School.