POLO SQUAD ATTRACTS PROMISING CANDIDATES

McGuckin, Davis, and Johnson Will Form Nucleus of Team--Two Jayvee Outfits To Be Picked

With a wealth of material reporting from the Sophomore class, in addition to three members of last year's Varsity team, the Harvard polo squad has a large number of promising players. There are more Varsity candidates at present than both the Varsity and Freshman squads had last year.

William C. McGuckin '34 is the only Senior who has been attending practices. He was a regular on the indoor intercollegiate championship trio, last winter, as well as a member of the outdoor teams, while Johnson showed up exceptionally well towards the end of the winter, and finally won a position on the outdoor quartet.

The second-year men who are reporting include Joseph E. Davis. Jr. '36, Sheldon E. Prentice '36, Edward H. Gerry '36, and Henry A. Gerry '36, all members of last year's Freshman teams.

Because of the large number of players, Harvard will be permitted to enter two teams in class A. besides the Freshman and Jayvee entries in class B.