JUNIOR, YEARLING OFFICERS OF CLASS MAY BE ABOLISHED

Senior and Freshman Officers Will Be Kept--Budget Totals Slightly Less Than Last Year

Due to the seeming disinterest of the Sophomore and Junior Classes in connection with class elections, the Student Council decided last night to abolish them, unless too great a protest is received from the student body. The Council has always paid for these elections, and feels that since the duties of the officers are entirely honorary, and since less than one third of the classes respond to the voting, the money spent for printing and mailing the ballots might be used to better advantage.

The election of the Senior and Freshman officers, however, will be retained, according to the Council. It was considered necessary to have Senior officers elected, since they officiate at the Class Day exercises, while election of the Freshman officers will continue because a large number of first year men have always voted in the past. These officers will be continued as long as any appreciable interest is displayed.

The Council also announced that its budget for this year amounted to $5256, a sum pledged and collected from the undergraduate body this September. This figure shows little depreciation over last year's total of $5461. The Council as yet has made no definite apportionment of the funds, pending a careful investigation of the organizations to which they have been accustomed to give money, because in past years no definite information has been obtained as to what has been done with the money.