BLUE BLOOD

For well over a half a century the Harvard-Yale game has dominated a natural and spontaneous rivalry. Keeping pace with the gradual development of two similar universities, this friendly relationship has always been a major vitalizing force in athletics at Harvard. In other sports as well as in football, athletes have come to regard their chance to play against a team from New Haven as the climax of the season. It is a comforting though that, no matter how much whittling of the Harvard Athletic program, an uncertain financial future or the growth of inter-House sports may make necessary, relations with Yale will always be continued.

But when Crimson has met Blue on Soldiers Field today, there will be one more trial in store for the latter, since this year for the first time Yale will play Princeton on the Saturday after the Harvard game. Whatever may have been the causes for this change in Yale's schedule, Harvard hopes that it will not be continued after this year. Much of the appeal of the Harvard-Yale classic lies in its traditional status as a farewell appearance. It is fitting that it should be, for both teams, the climax of the gridiron season.