ELY TO OFFICIATE AT CEREMONIES AT WEST POINT GAME

West Point Bugler's Call To Be Echoed Across Gridiron's Walls--Bands Will Play National Anthem

By O. F. Ingram

An impressive ceremony as a tribute to the war dead is in store for the spectators at the West Point football game in the Stadium next Saturday and the finale of the program will be the presentation of gifts to Harvard and West Point by Governor Ely of Massachusetts.

Bands Will Not Parade

The usual parade of the bands between the halves will be dispensed with and in its place a stirring commemoration of the 15th anniversary of the Armistice will be enacted. The ritual will open with the formation, on the Army side of the field facing the Harvard stands, of a line of dignitaries. These notables will be headed by Governor Ely of Massachusetts and will include many prominent figures of the State and Nation. While they are taking their places, a brilliant parade of color guards will enter the Stadium through the portal under the steel stands and take up a position on the Harvard side facing the dignitaries.

Bugler To Play Taps

Following the completion of the parade of the colors, the Harvard and West Point bands will form on the 35-yard markers, facing each other. The program will be brought to a climax at this point by the playing of taps by the West Point bugler stationed at the bottom of Section 46. After five seconds of silence the echo will be taken up by a Harvard bugler ensconced on the topmost rampart of the bowl. When the last faint strain of the echo has been wafted away on the breeze, a one-minute hush will fall over the assembled crowd and a silent tribute paid to those who gave their lives in the Great War.

The Harvard and West Point bands will break the silence with the playing of one stanza of the national anthem and to complete the ceremony, Governor Ely will present the gifts of the Commonwealth to Harvard and West Point. These will probably be received by the respective drum-majors.