SEVEN USHERS CHOSEN FOR SERIES OF CONCERTS

Concentrators in Music Will Assist At Performances of Chardon String Quartet in Brattle Hall

Seven Harvard students from the division of Music have been chosen to serve as ushers at the series of Beethoven quartet concerts which the Chardon String Quartet will give this year in Brattle Hall. These men include: Malcolm C. Choate '34; Edward T. Clapp 3T; Spartaco V. Monello 1G.; John R. Johnston '34; George H. L. Smith '34; Charles S. Spalding 1G.; and Richard Valente 1G. The first concert in this series will be held tonight at 8.30 o'clock.

The program of tonight's concert will consist of Beethoven's first three string quartets, Opus 18, Nos. 1, 2, and 3. The remaining concerts of the series will complete a cycle, in chronological order, of all the composer's 17 quartets. These concerts will be given on the following Thursday evenings: November 23, December 14, January 18, February 15, March 15, and April 12.

The members of the quartet are Norbert Lauga, Clarence Knudson, Jean Cauhape, and Yves Chardon. Tickets may be obtained at the Longy School of Music, 44 Church Street, or at the door.