GAETANO SALVEMINI TO DELIVER LECTURES AGAIN

SALVEMINI TALKED AT HARVARD THREE YEARS AGO

A series of six lectures on the Medieval Italian Communes, will be given at the University during February and March by Gaetano Salvemini, noted Italian historian. These lectures were made possible by the generosity of an anonymous donor and will be open to the public.

Professor Salvemini will also conduct a Seminar Course during the second half-year on Modern Italian History, dealing especially with the period of the Risorgimento. This course is designed to show the graduate students in History the use of the enormous amount of material for research on this subject now in the University Library.

The lectures will be known as the Lauro De Bosis Lectures in the History of Italian Civilization, in memory of Lauro De Bosis, young Italian poet who lectured in several American Universities and taught at Harvard in 1926.

Professor Salvemini is regarded as an authority on both the subject of his lectures and that of his seminar course. He has served as Professor of History in the Universities of Messina, Pisa and Florence from 1901 to 1925. Since that time he has been a visiting professor in England and America, where he has given lectures at Harvard in 1930, and at Yale in 1932.