PETITION FAVORS KEEPING STUDENT WAITERS IN UNION

Was Last Seen on Bulletin Board About 8.30 O'Clock--Union Committee To Meet Tonight

A petition by members of the Freshman Class, stating that they would withdraw their original petition asking for a longer breakfast hour because they felt it was endangering the student waiters' jobs, was posted in the Harvard Union yesterday. Although the petition was not put up until 3 o'clock, by 8.30 o'clock it had been signed by about 100 members of the Class of 1937. Sometime around 9 o'clock it disappeared and it has not been recovered yet.

Since Edmund A. Mays, Jr. '32, Secretary of the Union Committee could not be reached last night it was impossible to ascertain how the Committee felt about this latest demonstration of Freshmen feeling because those of the Committee who were reached said that no discussion of the question had been held yet.

The petition read as follows: "All those that believe the petition to lengthen the breakfast hour was unfair because it will endanger the jobs of the student waiters, please sign the following: 'We, the undersigned, would like to have breakfast until 9 o'clock, but if this would cause the student waiters to lose their jobs, we are willing to withdraw the request made, on the condition that the Union Committee will attempt to solve the situation in some way that will not involve the jobs of the student waiters'."