Burlesque Queen Likes Harvard Men; Football Stars Too Handsome---Make Her Very Nervous

Calls Repeal Marvelous, and Says "Stinger" Best Drink For Going Out on Binges

"How would I make the Harvard football team? Well, that would be pretty hard to say; they're all so handsome that I'd be awfully nervous," said Miss Gypsy Rose Lee, enticing star of Boston's new home of burlesque, when interviewed last night by the CRIMSON Backstager. Sitting easily back, puffing a cigarette, her shapely legs resting on the dressing table, Miss Lee gave her opinions of Harvard men and many other things. "I've never known many Harvard men, but from what I've seen of them, they sure are handsome real men."

When asked about repeal, the seductive star became wildly enthusiastic. "I think it's marvellous, wonderful, and what a time I had last night, even though they did throw my escort and me out of Cocoanut Grove. And I met one of your Harvard football players. Was he cute!--must have weighed 300 pounds, and real handsome. He said his name was Larry, and I sure would like to meet him again." Gypsy Lee said she liked her coffee black and her whiskey straight. Her favorite drink is a "Stinger." "It's the best drink in the world when you want to go out on a real binge. I don't think things are much different now, than before repeal, except that the liquor is better and stronger. Why, the Copley bar was just like a swell place I know of in New York."

The ravishing star claimed that she didn't like Clark Gable and his type of actor. "I don't like sheiks, I like real he-men like Victor MacLaglen, or George Bancroft," exclaimed Miss Lee, tossing her head and revealing a gleaming white shoulder. "And I don't like English actors either; I don't mind their accents, but it's their actions that get me down." Gypsy was enthusiastic in her praise of Mae West. "She's just terrific and very clever, and talented, too. I didn't like her last picture so well--it was too vulgar, but usually she is just right."

When the reporter became puzzled as to what to ask her next, Miss Lee took the initiative. "You can tell the people," she said, "that I like burlesque work a lot, that I have six dogs, two cats, and a parrot, but that my monkey died. Oh, and you might like to know that I never wear underwear in the winter. My natural body heat keeps me warm all season long."