FACULTY GROUP TO AID RELIEF WORK FOR UNEMPLOYED

Circular, Signed By Six Professors, Stressed Obligation of Faculty as Financially Favored Class

The formation of a committee from the faculty to assist in the work of the Cambridge Unemployment Relief Committee was announced last night by E. H. Hall, Rumford Professor of Physics, Emeritus, and chairman of the Unemployment Committee.

Under the chairmanship of Professor Hall, the Harvard committee launched its drive among the faculty last night, with an appeal mailed to about 1,200 officers of the University. With the assent of the Corporation, the committee is asking the salaried officers of the University to make voluntary contributions. Obligation of Faculty

The appeal stresses the obligation of Harvard faculty members to contribute towards the needs of the community, and adds: "In comparison with most other classes of citizens in this community the officers of Harvard University, having suffered no reduction of salary, are a financially favored group. The general public has a right to expect us to do our full share in such times as these. There is an obligation resting upon us is do as a body, much more this year than we did last year toward helping some of the thousands among our fellow citizens who are constantly facing privations. In making this urgent general appeal, we do not overlook the fact that some Harvard officers have already given generously, perhaps as generously as they should, this year."

The appeal is signed by six professors. In addition to Professor Hall, the members of the committee are W. B. Cannon '96, George Higginson Professor of Physiology; C. W. Killam, professor of Architecture; Calvert Magruder, professor of Law; S. H. Slichter, professor of Business Economics; and G. W. Pierce, Rumford Professor of Physics.