WHITESIDE EXPECTS TO PUT CREWS OUT MONDAY

Enough Material For Eight Crews Has Reported--Barrows, Pierce, Simmons and Swazey Likely For No. Three

With enough material for seven or eight crews, including eight veterans of last year's Varsity shell, now reporting or about to report for workouts in the tank at the Newell Boat House, Coach Whiteside expects to be on the river by Monday. No definite schedule will be inaugurated nor tentative seatings assigned, however, until there are unmistakable signs of permanent warm weather.

Possible occupants of the number three position left vacant on the Varsity eight by the graduation of J. M. Erickson '32 are G. L. Barrows '34, A. S. Pierce '33, Bradford Simmons '34, and F. J. Swayze '33, all members of the 1932 second Varsity shell. As far as can now be predicted, the other 1933 first crew seatings will be those of last year. Stroke and four were graduated last June from the second crew, which has otherwise been left intact.

Within a few weeks, Coach Whiteside will choose the Varsity squad, which will at first be composed of four crews. During April, one of these will be dropped, and the remaining three will continue to train until the New London races, members of the third crew being used to substitute for men in the first and second boats.