BRAMAN GIBBS TO HEAD '36 SMOKER COMMITTEE

Plans For Traditional Freshman Event Also Announced--To Take Place Near End of March

Announcement of the appointment of Braman Gibbs '36 of Hudson, as Chairman of the 1936 Freshman Smoker Committee, and 15 members of the committee, was made last night by Shaun Kelly '30 recently elected president of the Freshman Class. Gibbs, who prepared at Phillips Exeter, played fullback on the freshman eleven last season, and is a member of the Union Committee.

The annual smoker will take place this year on Wednesday, March 29, at 8.15 o'clock in the main dining hall of the Union. The committee will take over the task of arranging for entertainment, refreshments, and souvenirs for the traditional social affair. The only plans released to date include speeches by the Freshman officers, and the award of silver trophics by the Class President to the winners of the Pingpong, Billiard and Pool Tournaments now being held at the Union.

The Smoker Committee, which Gibbs will head, will consist of the following members of the Freshman Class: A. A. Ballantine, N. H. Blatchford, A. A. Bliss, Shepard, Brooks, N. L. Cahners, G. VanD. Comfort, F. S. Deland, J. F. Ducey, W. S. Fitz., Guy Garland, W. D. Hardwick, Francis Keyes, N. P. LeTarte, B. C. McDonald, and W. W. Prout.

Last year the Class of 1935 held the first smoker to be given in the Union, under the direction of R. A. Stout '29, and a committee from the Class.