STREETER CHOSEN P. B. H. PRESIDENT FOR COMING YEAR

Composed of Chairmen of Different Committees--Will Be Selected Latter Part of Month

Gordon Chase Streeter '34, of Stonington, Connecticut, has been elected president of Phillips Brooks House for the coming year, Peregrine White '33, retiring president, announced last night. It was revealed at the same time that Malcolm Shephard Knowles '34, of West Palm Beach, Florida, and Richard Glover Ames '34, of Wayland, are respectively the new vice-president and secretary-treasurer.

Streeter, who prepared for Harvard at St. Paul's School, is chairman of the Social Service Committee of Phillips Brooks House. He is also treasurer of the Advocate, a member of the soccer squad, and a hurdler on the track team. Knowles, the vice-president-elect, is chairman of the Foreign Student Committee, and winner of the Geneva Scholarship last summer. He is a member of the University Debating Council and swam during his Freshman year. He prepared at the Palm Beach High School. Ames, who graduated from Milton in 1930, has been the leader of a boy's club at Dennison House in Boston. He is a member of the Student Council and is on the wrestling team.

System of Election

The election was based on the preference system. Each voter gave three points to his first choice, two to his second, and one to his third. The three candidates who received the greatest number were named for the offices in order of their standing. No final figures are released for publication.

The other candidates were: James Mansfield Estabrook '34, of New York City, Henry Edward Holm '34, of Hancock, Michigan, John Moore Morse '34, of Brookline, George Hinckley Porter '34, of Upper Montclair, New Jersey, and Harold Sol Saxe '34, of Omaha, Nebraska.