EIGHTY MEN REPORT FOR SPRING TRACK PRACTICE

Candidates Now Preparing For Annual Spring Handicap Meet To Be Run Off During Next Week

Eighty men assembled at the Dillon Field House yesterday afternoon as the spring track season formally got under way in preparation for the Spring Handicap Meet on Thursday and Friday, April 20 and 21. Captian N. P. Dodge '33, Coaches E. L. Farrell and Jaako Mikkola, and Manager G. M. Fenollosa '33 gave short addresses to the prospective trackmen.

Time trials for all runners and tryouts for the field events will be held on Saturday afternoon, Dodge announced. The results of these trials will be used by Coaches Farrell and Mikkola in making up the list of handicaps for the meet next week. Freshmen and Upperclassmen will compete together in this meet. The names of the first-place winners will be engraved on the silver trophics on exhibition in the Lounge Room in the Dillon Field House.

According to Dodge, the make-up of the Varsity team will be largely determined by this Handicap Meet. There is an unusually large number of places open this spring, since 15 men who placed in the 1932 Yale meet graduated last June. The dashes, the mile and the two-mile, the relays, and the hurdles will be well taken care of by veteran trackmen. The hammer and the discus events are also well filled by veterans, but in most of the other field events there are a great many new men needed.