MEN BELIEVING IN DEFENSE WAR LEAD IN P. B. H. POLLING

171 Members of Freshman Class Sign Petition in Union--Dunster Next With 73 Signers

Harvard conservatism showed itself yesterday when the incomplete returns from the Phillips Brooks House Peace Poll showed that question two on the ballot received more votes than either of the other two alternatives. With Adams and Lowell missing at a late hour last night, 477 votes were tabulated from the remaining polling places. Extreme pacifists and extreme militarists registered 150 and 119 votes respectively on questions one and three.

The Freshmen showed the most interest in yesterday's balloting with a total of 171 votes cast. Dunster was second with a total of 73 votes and Phillips Brooks trailed the rest of the Houses with only 26 ballots cast. Balloting will continue throughout the week in the House dining rooms and the Union.

The questions appearing on the ballots were: 1. The signer will not take part in any war of any kind whatsoever, regardless of whether or not America is the aggressor. 2. The signer will bear arms only in case America is attacked by a foreign power. 3. The signer will take part in any and all wars in which the United States may become involved and will take active part in the spreading of educational peace propaganda in schools and colleges. The returns, complete from those reporting, are as follows:   No. 1  No. 2  No. 3 Brooks  6  18  2 Dunster  19  31  23 Eliot  8  8  19 Kirkland  24  35  15 Leverett  23  30  15 Winthrop  4  12  16 Union  35  76  60 Total  119  208  150