MAY TEAR DOWN PALMER HOME IN HARVARD YARD

University Officials Refuse To Give Definite Information About Famous Philosopher's Frame House

University officials yesterday refused to say definitely what would be down with the house in the Yard in which G. B. Palmer '64, late Alford Professor of Natural Religion, Moral Philosophy, and civil Polity, Emeritus, lived for the last fifty years.

There have been rumors that the University will tear down the house and build new classrooms, but University Hall stated that this was not probable because of lack of money. A better founded rumor is that the house will be used as a home b the Dean of Freshmen since all the first year men now live in the Yard.

Professor Palmer used to hold his seminar meetings in the large library which overlooks the Yard. All the rooms of the building are large and well lighted, and it has been suggested that if would be practicable to convert it into tutorial rooms in the manner that Warren House is used for English A.

In any case, the Corporation will have to act on the matter before it can be settled and such action will probably not be taken for several weeks. If the house is not disposed of before fall it is quite probable that some professor will apply for it to be used as a home.