H. A. A. PLANS TO KEEP UP YEAR-ROUND COACHING

Editorial States Policy of Dropping Seasonal Coaches--Will Be Expected To Carry Heavier Schedule

In an editorial published yesterday in the H.A.A. News, the Athletic Association announced that the development of year-round coaching for members of the Varsity and Freshman coaching staffs would be carried still further next year. Earlier in the spring it was made known that coaches who were doing only seasonal work would be expected to take on a heavier program, and several changes have already been made to reduce the size of the coaching staff.

The editorial says in part:

"It has been the purpose of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports at Harvard in recent years to shape its coaching policy along academic lines and so far as possible do away with the seasonal coach. The policy has been more and more to engage men who wish to make their life work the teaching of athletics.

"Recent financial problems of the Athletic Association involving greatly decreased revenues and revised budgets have in some instances hastened the progress of such a policy, and it has been inevitable that in making these changes, some seasonal coaches of ability and long residence in Cambridge have been forced to step aside."