DANCE WILL BE HELD IN UNION MONDAY EVENING

DIRECTOR N. H. BLACK WILL SPEAK AT DINNER BEFORE FUNCTION

The first social event of the six-week Summer Session will take place in main dining room of the Harvard Union Monday evening, July 10, when a dinner preceded by a dance and an informal reception will introduce the students to members of the Faculty and to each other. The dance is open to all who present a bursar's receipt for the term bill which is due Monday.

The dinner at which N. H. Black, '96, director of the Summer Session, will speak to all students who have signed up for board at the Union, will begin at 7 o'clock. There will be a speaker's table at which prominent members of the Summer School Faculty will sit.

After the dinner there will be an informal reception in the downstairs Common Room followed by the dance in the main room at 8.30 o'clock. Music will be provided by an eight piece orchestra from Boston, which has been secured for the occasion by W. A. Heaman, Steward of the Union. Dancing will last until 11 o'clock. In previous years large numbers have attended and the dance has been uniformly successful because of the fact that women constitute about 43 per cent of the enrollment. The Crimson plans tentatively to give a dance in the latter part of July.