MILTON ACADEMY FALLS PREY TO JAYVEES, 6-4

Schoolboy Stickmen Are Defeated as Quimby and Rawson Score Winning Goals for Crimson

Coming from behind twice before the final whistle, the Junior Varsity hockey team arose to the occasion to defeat a fast-skating Milton sextet on its home ice yesterday afternoon by a score of 6-4. Robert H. Rawson '36 rang up the winning goal, while William C. Quimby '36 contributed the final tally.

The game was characterized by slow playing on both sides, with the Harvard coach making as many substitutions as possible. The rushes of both teams were mostly in the form of individual sallies down the ice, with plenty of spirit and determination shown, in spite of the adverse conditions.

The contest was not on the regular schedule, and was played on soft ice. The Jayvees were slated to cross sticks with Belmont Hill School last Saturday at Belmont, while the Freshmen were due to play Milton, but both games were called off on account of lack of ice.

Harvard was represented by the following men:

Robert H. Rawson '36 and John Clement '36, l.w.; James A. Roberts '36, William D. Boardman '35, and William G. Marcoux '35, c.; John C. Cort '35, William C. Quimby '36, and Edward H. Robbins '36, r.w.; Richard M. Claflin '36 and Donald H. Gleason '35, l.d.; Thornton W. Brown '36 and Arthur Perry, Jr. '36, r.d.; Robert H. Waldinger '36 and Ashton Emerson '36, g. Time--Three 15-minute periods.