CHAPEL RESTORATION IS SUGGESTED FOR 300TH

WOULD BE AN HISTORICAL MUSEUM ACCESSIBLE TO VISITORS

With the appointment of the Harvard Tercentenary Commission several schemes have come forward concerning the restoration of old Harvard College buildings and the institution of a college historical museum.

One idea which has been heartily approved by Thomas Barbour '06, Director of the University Museum, is to restore Holden Chapel to its original form, furnishing it with relics of the College.

Professor Samuel E. Morison '07, had advanced a plan to restore Harvard Hall to the exterior and interior design which it had when constructed in 1766. It is considered more practical to work on the Chapel, however, for Harvard Hall, besides being in continuous use for classes and lectures, is the larger building and would necessitate more work and expense.

"To restore the chapel for the Tercentenary," said William I. Nichols '26, "would be a lasting tribute to the 300th anniversary of the college, besides being an accessible place for Freshmen and visitors to acquaint themselves with the history and traditions of Harvard."