McGILL WALLOPS VARSITY, 12-2, IN ONE-SIDED MATCH

Visitors' Early Lead Never Overtaken By Weak Harvard Sextet--Little Aid Given deGive in Goal

Unstinted diligence on the part of Captain deGive in the nets, and determined although futile endeavor displayed by the rest of the team were not sufficient to halt the avalanches of powerful rushes of the McGill sextet as the Scarlet horde swamped the Crimson skaters to the tune of 12-2 in the Boston Garden last night.

The first goal of the game was made after only 29 seconds of play, when Captain Crutchfield carried the puck the length of the ice, and passed to McGill, the hardest shooter in the Canadian circuit, who drove the rubber into the net from the dasher. The next three McGill goals came at the end of the first stanza, all within a period of 30 seconds. The Scarlet skaters rang up three more tallies in the second period, again through four and five man rushes.

Duffey Tallies

Harvard's first score came in the third frame when Lane swept the puck down through the McGill defense, and passed to Duffey who slapped it into the draperies in 1.34. At this the Crimson ice-forces took a new lease on life, outplaying the invaders during occasional flashes of brilliance, which dotted the whole contest, and holding the rubber well out of their own territory. The second goal was again the result of a rush by Lane, ending this time with a pass to Lincoln, who slipped the disk past Powers into the net.

The summary: HARVARD  McGILL Kirkland, Hasler, Holmes, l.w.  l.w., McGill, Farquharson Duffey, Dewey, c.  c., Crutchfield, Robertson Hallowell, Lincoln, Hasler, r.w.  r.w., Shaughnessy, Farmer Watts, Gleason, l.d.  l.d., Meiklejohn Lane, Choate, r.d.  r.d., Lamb deGive, g.  g., Powers

First period: McGill (Crutchfield) (0.29), Farmer (McGill) (18.24), McGill (Farquharson) (18.43), Farquharson (18.54). Second period: Farmer (Farquharson) (14.16). Farmer (Robertson) (14.25), Farquharson (Farmer) (14.57). Third period: Farmer (1.02). Duffey (Lane) (1.34), Farmer (Farquharson) (3.10), Farquharson (5.35), Kirkland (Lane) (8.14), Robertson (Farmer) (14.37), Robertson (15.35). Penalties--Choate (illegal check), Crutchfield (board check), Lincoln (roughing). Time--three 20-minute periods. Referees--Foley and Smith