VARSITY SCORES TWO TOUCHDOWNS AGAINST JAYVEES

Team Must Have Action in Order to Develop Unity--Scrimmage Until Thursday

Despite the fact that the Bates game is this weekend, Coach Eddie Casey abandoned his plans for shaping up a definite lineup because of a string of minor injuries. Though none of the troubles are serious, Casey doesn't want to run any risk of having any of his "A" team men put out of action permanently and hence has ordered a layoff wherever there is a smell of trouble.

The rest of the squad put on a scrimmage in which the Varsity scored twice over the Jayvees. Both tallies came on passes, the first from Chet Litman to Bob Haley and the second from George Ford to George Hedblom. The Varsity started well, after receiving the ball on their own 30 yard line, but hit a snag in midfield when several plays turned into fumbles and missed assignments. So the Jayvees took charge of the pigskin and staged their best march of the year to the 5 yard line.

An incompleted pass into the end-zone gave the ball back to the Varsity on the 20 and the Caseymen revenged the insult by driving down the field for 80 yards and the initial marker. The second score was largely the product of the efforts of Messrs. Parquette and Black-wood, both of whom were in top form.

On the injured list today Garrow Geer and Frank Casale have joined Captain Herman Gundlach and Charley Kessler, but the entire quartet will be ready for action tomorrow. Shaun Kelly and Bill Watt have also retired temporarily, the former going up to Stillman because of an abscess. Fred Moseley is reported as all right but didn't get into the scrimmage yesterday.

Casey is planning to scrimmage his "A" and "B" teams every day this week until Thursday in order to get the Varsity working as a unit when in action. So far cohesion has been lacking, and Bates is notably an outfit that will require concerted effort by the Varsity if the scoremen are going to be given a workout.

The "A" lineup: Dubiel, le; Simmons, lt; Brookings, lg; Little, c; Littlefield, rg; Adlis, rt; Knapp, re; Haley, qb; Locke, lhb; Litman, rhb; Ecker, fb.