Crimson Poll on Roosevelt Policies and Fight for Governorship Taken Today

Votes to be Received All Day In Chosen Buildings Around Campus

Voting in the CRIMSON's poll on both the fight for the governorship of Massachusetts and on the policies of the Roosevelt Administration will begin this morning and continue throughout the day. Ballot boxes will be placed in all of the House Dining Halls, in the Union, and in Phillips Brooks House during meal times, as well as in Sever and Harvard Halls.

Everyone Can Vote

All members of the University are eligible to take part in this straw vote, which is both a forecast of the approaching state elections and a referendum on the New Deal. On the ballots the question which refers to the campaign for the governorship carries the names of three candidates: Bacon, Curley, and Goodwin, respectively the Republican, Democratic, and Independent nominees in the three-cornered gubernatorial battle.

Roosevelt Still in Favor?

The other part of the ballot contains the question "Do you feel that the policies of the Roosevelt Administration offer a satisfactory method of recovery?" The poll on this query is being run for the purpose of determining whether the University's sentiments have changed since the CRIMSON-Literary Digest poll last spring. In the latter, Harvard expressed its approval of President Roosevelt's aims by a vote of 1,011 to 1,024. Whether or not the summer's industrial unrest has caused a reversal of this opinion is one of the main facts sought by the new check-up. VOTING PLACES TODAY All House Dinning Halls  12-1.45 o'clock and 5.30-7.15 o'clock Freshman Union  Same Brooks House  12-2 o'clock Sever Hall  9-1 o'clock Harvard Hall  Same