CAPABLE SOCCER TEAM MEETS TUFTS SATURDAY

LARGEST FRESHMAN TURNOUT IN YEARS TAXES FACILITIES

Although the soccer squad has been "handicapped by lack of time in getting a smooth attack functioning," according to Coach John F. Carr, Jr. '28, a fairly strong eleven will take the field this Saturday at one o'clock when Harvard meets Tufts in the first regular game of the season. The present first team which is likely to start against Tufts has nine of last year's veteran's in the ranks.

These men are Jonathan S. England '35, Ferdinand R. Stent '36, Frank W. Vincent '36, Delavan C. Clos '35, Melvin G. Gorver '35, Leon H. Manheimer '36, Horace B. B. Robinson '35, John Dorman '36, and G. Fred Stork '35, Captain.

Completing the eleven are two players from last year's Freshman team, Charles T. Richard and James E. Wood, captain of the first-year men last fall.

Freshman' soccer is hitting a new high in popularity this year as the largest squad over out for the sport gives Coach Jim McDonald plenty of material from which to choose a team for the tilt with Tabor Saturday. About 80 Freshmen have turned out with the result that the present soccer playing space is rather inadequate. Another set of goal-posts are going to be put up on the field behind the Business School so that the trouble will be at least partially remedied.

This is Coach McDonald's first year as Harvard's Freshmen soccer mentor. He was formerly with Northeastern University and at present coaches the Boston Professional soccer team as well as Harvard's yearlings.