New Harvard Alumni Directory Just Off Press: Contains Important Geographical Tabulation

David W. Bailey '21 Is Editor of Triennial Publication Overdue Since 1932

Harvard University has 66,245 living alumni if whom 507 are women, according to the new Harvard Alumni Directory published today by the Harvard University Press and edited by David W. Bailey '21, Harvard University publication agent. The figures are those of August 1, 1934.

For the first time since 1913 the directory includes a geographical summary, which shows that of the 62,020 living alumni whose addresses are known, 58,933 inhabit the United States proper, 201 reside in its torritories and possessions, and 2,706 now live in 73 foreign countries.

Massachusetts leads all states with a total of 19,519 living alumni, while next in line are New York and California with 10,793 and 2,827 respectively. The smallest group is in Nevada, where only 29 Harvard graduates live, but every state in represented.

Huey Degrees

Cardinals 3 Tigers 2

The five foreign countries with the greatest number of Harvard residents are Canada, 703; China, 360; France, 255; England, 252; and Japan, 224. Such countries as Algeria, British Guiana, Celebes, Iceland, Manchukuo and the Society Islands are included in this world-wide tabulation.

The directory consists of an alphabetical list of all men over enrolled in Harvard University or any of its departments, and under each name is listed the department, year of attendance, degrees received at Harvard, present address, and present occupation. Extremely careful verifications have been made of addresses.

Two now features have been added this year, the first being that the names of all men who have died since the last issue came out in 1929 have been included along with their records and the conditions surrounding their deaths.

Distinctions received at graduation by men granted degrees since Commencement 1929 have been noted in the enrolment records, constituting the second feature. Thus the now directory and the 1930 Quinqueunial Catalogue, which it has superseded, form a continuous record of such distinctions.