14-0 YALE DEFEAT FINISHES ANOTHER FOOTBALL SEASON

Prospects for Next Season Are Rosy With Gundlach and Brookings Only Regulars Leaving

When even the Varsity's second-half drive had failed to injure Yale's 14-0 lead, Harvard laid another football season in the morgue and turned away from it to consider the vital question of the outlook for next year and the possibility for a change in both coaching staff and schedule.

For the Yale game is past and there is little point in arguing about the miracle of inspiration that Ducky Pond achieved with his fighting Elis. As a matter of fact, Harvard played its best football of the year in the second half and would have scored at least once, perhaps twice, if it could have held onto the ball.

Since practically all of this scoring threat came from efforts of the Sophomore and Junior members of the Crimson squad, the Yale game, however gloomy it looked at the time, at least showed that Harvard will have a very fine chance of avenging itself a year hence.

For out of the entire starting lineup on Saturday Captain Herman Gundlach and Bob Brookings are the only men who will not be back in 1935. This pair of guards will be severely missed, but even in their cases the gaps can be filled by two men already on hand, Tom Husband and Bill Lane. Every other position in the starting lineup is not only intact, but has a good substitute available on the present squad. Add to this the fine material coming up from the Freshman team and Harvard's 1935 season looks definitely rosy.